Monday, July 9, 2012

Milkin'


Love time spent by myself
Hate going to the furthest edge of the property 'cause she doesn’t want to be milked
Love that she walks right into the stanchion once we’re there
Hate that short, squatty stool
Love the galvanized bucket
Hate it when she slaps me with her shit encrusted tail
Love the sound of milk hitting the empty bucket and the frothing sound once it’s begun to fill
Hate it when she sticks her shit filled hoof in the bucket
Love all the critters lined up for a shot of warm milk
Hate throwing the milk out when the hoof makes it into the bucket
Love how soft my hands are using bag balm
Hate that I can’t figure out the squeezing technique to make it go faster
Love the warmth of her fur against my face
Hate that it takes me two hours
Love the milk, cream, and butter

No comments:

Post a Comment